We now know that the gut microbiota is an organ, essential to the digestive system and immune protection.
Like every organ, it becomes less efficient over time. Bad eating habits and the use of antibiotics also weaken the intestinal flora and can cause many disorders:
- Bowel problems (abdominal pain, cramps, bloating, flatulence, modified transit)
- Proliferation of pathogens responsible for urinary tract infections
- Physiological reduction of immune defences
- Appearance of chronic diseases
- Changes in the metabolism of sugars, fats and proteins that can lead to the development of certain diseases such as diabetes
How to protect your intestinal flora?
Taking care of your microbiota is essential at every age.
Avoid antibiotic treatments as much as possible, so harmful to the intestinal flora and choose a balanced diet high in fibre and fermented products (sauerkraut, yogurts, yeast, …).
In case of a significant imbalance of the intestinal flora, taking a probiotic with beneficial bacteria restores the balance essential to your well-being.